Friday, November 6, 2009

Festival of Trees Designer

They're done!

For the past three years I've been designing a Christmas Tree for our Chamber of Commerce.  This tree, and many others by local designers, are used throughout November for the Festival of Trees and then auctioned off at the end of the month. 

This year I went with a generic theme, "Christmas Glitz".  I think I've been watching too much of TLC's "Toddlers and Tiaras"--can't believe I just admitted to that.


The tree is festooned with sparkly white poisettias, crystal snowflakes, snow drops and sparkled ribbon.

Usually I'm much more theme oriented...last year was a bird-laden tree, "Feathered Friends", and my first year Alyssa and I designed "Undersea Christmas" complete with fishes, anenome like ornaments and clear bubble balls.  I just felt like the economy being what it is that a less specific tree that could be used for more than one themed display would be fitting.

My mom thought the tree was a bit boring and not up to my usual standards.  I'm nervous that she may be right, but then she could be incredibly wrong (not a first for her and me).  We'll see...


I also pumped out this wreath for the festival.  After spending a week wiring ornaments and silk flowers to a 6' tree, a wreath is pretty easy.

It's so fun being a "designer"!  I also love being able to spend $500 on a decorations for a single tree!  Can you imagine?!  I'd never blow that much money on my own tree, but it is a lot of fun having that much at my disposal when at Michael's!

No comments:

Post a Comment